Well I do admit I am not a good cook and I don't go around boasting about what I have cooked. Then she asked me why she wasn't given the Kaya. So I decided to make another batch since the Kaya at home is finished.
- Boil water in a larger pot, ready to have the kaya double boil from that pot.
- Mix egg and santan into a smaller pot for double boil away from the fire
- Pour in santan after the mixture is well mixed
- Put into the double boiler and stir the mixture occasionally, so that it will not stick to the bottom and burn
- As the mixture started to thicken, put in the shredded pandan leaves.
- Cook till the mixture thickens and sticks or drips in a satisfactory texture from the utensil of your stirrer.
Cool and store in clean and dry air tight bottle and refrigerate. It can store up to a month or two or even more.